You are here: Home > Random Thoughts > I Just Might Die a Nomad…

I Just Might Die a Nomad…

Well, we’re moving again in a week…May 28-30(Anyone want to help…*hint*hint).  I don’t know how I feel about a spread of days to move.  I guess I’ll know when it’s all over.  I’ve been pondering a lot lately on the idea of moving again.  We feel so blessed to get some more room and a more family oriented neighborhood – tickled pink would be the phrase.  I have been uprooted my entire life and find myself once more gathering, sorting and packing.  I had moved 17 times by the time I was 12 and my count to date is 26 times.  I attended kindergarten in Maryland, Germany, Barstow and Ft. Irwin – and I was only in Kintergarten for one year- for those of you wondering.  I was always jealous of those girls who got to grow up having a best friend living next door.  I’ve always wanted to be able to say, “Oh yeah, this is insert name here…we grew up together.”  I was lucky to know someone for 3 or 4 years.   Once again I find myself facing an empty room to say good-bye. Don’t get me wrong, I am not lamenting in any sort of way…just making an observation.  Maybe one of these days soon I will truely be allowed to lay down my roots and let them grow deep.

10 Responses to “I Just Might Die a Nomad…”

1. Kim says:

Ok, so we are dying to know where you are moving? Are you buying/renting a house? Let us know your new address so we can send you fan mail:)

2. Kim W. says:

I’m so glad you’re staying in the ward! You and Will have added so much life and spark! It would be sad to lose you … unless you wanted to move to the ward we’re moving to. That would make my day!!!

3. Leticia says:

At least you don’t have to make all new friends! I hate hate hate moving. It always freaks me out, which is why as soon as I find out we will be moving, I start packing. This really frustrates David, especially when we have 4 or 5 months till we move.
    Let us know if we can help. WE are glad you are staying in the ward.

4. I agree, I’m not a fan of moving either! But I’m glad you’ll be getting more room and better neighborhood! We’d help you if we were there!

5. Maren says:

There is nothing fun about packing and unpacking. Sorry that we won’t be here that weekend, otherwise I would totally volunteer my husband to come do some heavy lifting!

6. Lisa Foster says:

Good luck with the move! I hope you get some space where you can settle down for awhile. I can’t imagine moving that many times. My Dad was an army brat and grew up all over the world as well. It is definitley nice to have some roots eventually. Our almost two years here is a good sign. We want to stay for a few more years.

7. Laura says:

Please, feel free to lay down those roots and let grom deep here! We are so excited to have you guys in our neighborhood, trust me, once you get here, you just may never want to leave…. :))

8. Kim Miller says:

All will be well….especially if you moved back here!!!! But on another note, roots can always be dug up and they thrive where they are planted again….just like you always do!

9. Hila says:

Moving is tough. I’ve done it many times myself over the past few years. Makes you want to give away almost everything you own, just so you don’t have to move it!!!

I remember you moving away from Panama. That was sad for me too :(. I WAS the girl who never moved and always stayed in one place. But everyone always left me, so that was hard too. But I do hope you one day get to let your roots grow deep :). And yay for a new, more family-friendly neighborhood!!!

10. Bryn says:

I can relate. There is actually a book devoted to the madness of us Military brats and our “issues” of non-roots. It’s called Military Brats. I know how you feel. Even when the move is a good one, it’s easy to feel tired of the process. It is a tiring process. You do it with style, that’s for sure. I am so glad you are still in the ward.